Thursday, July 24, 2003

Admitting Struggles with Mental Illness - Followup

I recently received an email about my recent post. I've attached links to text in the email - where applicable - so that you can refer to them:

Hello :)
I am a Christian and struggle with depression and self-injury. I just wanted to say thanks for your post. It was encouraging just to hear someone else admit they struggle with self-injury. I admire that very much. I still have a lot of difficulties admitting my struggle with it, especially to people who have never struggled with it also. I actually found that by chance. A friend sent me a link to your blog to look at the pictures of the flood but it sent me to the top of the page where this post was instead. Kinda like God was showing me I'm not as alone as I think I am. So thanks. :)

No comments: