Sunday, July 20, 2003

Buckeye Boys State

I just found an old greeting card that the mother of one of my classmates in high school sent me. I received this in December 1987, which was during the first part of my senior year of high school. She wrote:

Danny, here is the newspaper clipping I told you about. You have a bright future ahead of you, and I expect to hear wonderful things about you. Keep in touch!

Mrs. Allen
The newspaper clipping is from a section of the paper in which they talk about what local kids are up to. It reads:
MOUNT HEALTHY HIGH SCHOOL
Senior Daniel Allen Johnson, Jr. held the office of bailiff for the Court of Common Appeals at the American Legion Buckeye Boys State at Bowling Green State University. He is the son of Daniel A. Johnson, Sr. of Dunraven Drive.
Finding this card today, it was like being encouraged all over again. I'll have to blog about my experiences at Buckeye Boys State sometime. The local American Legion chose two incoming seniors to go to Boys State. I was honored to be chosen as one of them.

Related tags:

No comments: