Sunday, July 06, 2003

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)

Hi. I'm ENFJ (Extroverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging). The full spectrum goes like this:

The Dimensions

Extroverted - Introverted
iNtuitive - Sensing
Feeling - Thinking
Perceiving - Judging
To really understand what they mean, you'd need to do some reading on the MBTI. Or, you could check out a website like Bloginality.

My Test

I was first tested in 1997, and I learned that I'm almost equal on the Judging - Perceiving scale, which I suppose means that I can go either way.

Where did a post like this come from? I was just over visting something Pega had written about her being ENFP, and I was reminded that I ought to share what I'm all about. As if you regular readers don't have a clue already. Anyhow.

I'm basically a lot like her, but I guess I tend to crave more completion and symmetry in some respects.

As Seen In Me

A perfect example of this is something that happened yesterday. I began intensely revising my blogroll (note that I learned capitalization! :D) yesterday afternoon. It came close to the time I needed to go pick Jennie up from work, but I wasn't finished. I felt compelled to finish this task (a Judging trait); I didn't want the links in my blogroll to look inconsistent. Part of this also comes from the NF side, which craves harmony to a fault. NFs do not like any kind of discord. So I stayed on this task I was focused on, and we wound up getting to Jennie's work a few minutes late.

When I was younger, my Mom had to call me in from a thunderstorm while I was mowing the grass for the same reason. That's what the Judging characteristic is.

Okay then.

No comments: