Friday, August 23, 2002

I Believe In You - poem

I received this via email a long time ago. - DAJ

The intent of this song is that it's GOD who's saying the words. I hope this can encourage brothers and sisters who need to be reminded that God is always behind us, believing in us, not pointing the finger ready to zap us.

I Believe In You
(C) 1993 Eric Smith

I was with you, from the very start
I was close to you, you near to me, always in my heart
So many times I counted, your troubles my very own --
I shared your tears; did you realize, you never were alone

Did you hear my voice, when I called?
How I long to hear your laughter
And spend the days with you --
Now and forever after -- hear my voice, hear it true...
I Believe In You

Time ever fleeting, we watched the years pass
You always hoping for one better than the last
How I longed for you to call me, how I've wanted you so near
And I waited so patiently, as you gave into your fears

Do you hear my voice, when I call?
How long to see your spirit soar
And spend the days with you -
Now and forever more -- hear my voice, hear it true...
I Still Believe In You

And then by no mistake, well that day it finally came
Like cool refreshing water, I heard you calling on my name
And then it seemed like only moments, that we'd ever been apart
Now laughing just like children, and dreaming with one heart!

Well you heard my voice when I called
It's so good to hear your laughter
And spend the days with you --
Now and forever after -- hear my voice, hear it true --
I Believe In You -- yeah, hear my voice, hear it true --
I've Always Believed -- In -- You.

No comments: