Saturday, July 19, 2003

Friday Funk

I've been in a funk for almost the entire day today. I woke up reluctantly, and strained to keep my eyes open as I took Jennie to work. I returned home and laid back down until the alarm went off at 9:30 AM, when I needed to get Keisha up and ready for her speech therapy appointment. We each ate some toast, took our medicines, and by 10:30 AM we headed to Children's Medical Center:

Keisha's speech therapy appointment went well. I spent most of the time reading, but I felt like I could have just napped. After her appointment, Keisha and I returned home. I persuaded her that we needed to lay down for a nap until PBS Kids came on at 1:30 PM. At 1:30 PM the alarm went off, and I turned on PBS for Keisha. I reset the alarm for 2:30 PM, since I'd needed to pick Jennie up from work.

Jennie and I returned home, and I laid myself back down for another nap. We received a phone call from our realtor stating that someone wanted to see the house this afternoon at 5:30 PM. So we all decided to head to Kroger to pick up some food supplies for Keisha's birthday party tomorrow.

Then we came home and ate dinner. After that, I sat on the couch to watch the movie Enemy at the Gate, with Jude Law and Joseph Fiennes. Good movie. Then Jennie and I came down here to head to bed.

I hope that tomorrow I feel much better. Maybe it's the medicine, the nutrition, the sleep, the weather, or a combination of all that created the physical/emotional funk.

Tomorrow is Keisha's "Spy Kids 2" party, so blogging may be light.

No comments: