Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Changed Lives

"I never realized it when I was a student, but after I became a teacher, everything changed and my world was never the same." -- Ganns Dean, Superblessed, the July 21, 2003 post

After I saw this quote on blogs4God, I had to visit. Then I found out that Ganns, who lives in the Philippines, had written about his experience from watching Mr. Holland's Opus. I decided to comment:

Mr. Holland's Opus is one of my all-time favorite movies, too. I can relate with it on so many levels: the love of music, marriage/family/work balance, teaching, and I have a daughter who is hard of hearing.

I've been told by other teachers that I would make a good teacher.

When our daughter was little, and even now, though not as frequently, I would sing "Beautiful Boy" to her, but change it to "Beautiful Girl". Once I learned how to sign it, I began signing it to her. This would be a great song to help her stop crying or to help her fall asleep.

I, too, wind up in tears by the end of the movie.

No comments: