Thursday, March 27, 2003

Updates to Past Posts Needed

Just so that you know, I am needing to post some updates to some past posts; namely, the Swiffer WetJet and the McDonald's ones. So there. This post will probably be changed to include that information. Stay tuned, gentle readers! Here we go:

First Up: McDonald's

I recently posted an email response I'd received from McDonald's Corporate Customer Service. About a week later I received a couple phone calls and then a letter from the local office manager responsible for the franchise in question. Here is the text of her letter:

March 20, 2003

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at our McDonald's at 4770 N. Main St., Dayton, Ohio. I am sorry that our attendant was rude to you and did not five you the prices you requested. The employees should always answer your questions and be polite and helpful.

Our goal is 100-percent customer satisfaction and our team works hard to deliver fast, friendly, and accurate service to guarantee that each visit you make is a pleasant one. It appears that we've let you down, and for that, I apologize.

I have discussed your experience with our restaurant team. You can be assured that we're taking corrective action so a similar incident will not reoccur.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. The best way we can improve is if people who aren't satisfied tell us so, and tell us why. You've given me the opportunity to make our restaurant better and hopefully exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Please give us another chance and "Be Our Guest" with the enclose gift certificate.

We look forward to serving you better in the future.

Sincerely,

Paula Sullivan
Office Manager
This afternoon my wife Jennie and I returned to this McDonald's, and we experienced much better service. I was treated to a double quarter pounder with cheese extra value meal, supersized, for free. When Jennie asked if they had the double fish filet sandwich meal, they were able to give her the price. I believe that this McDonald's has redeemed itself, and I want you to know that.

Next Up: Swiffer Wet Jet

In January I posted about an offer to call a phone number to receive a coupon for a free Swiffer wet jet mop. This claim is false. The coupon was for $5 off the purchase price for a Swiffer wet jet mop. The offer expired February 2003. Check out the Swiffer page over at Snopes.com. Please accept my apology for spreading false information.

No comments: