Sunday, March 30, 2003

A Dream of Apocalyptic Proportions

I had one of the weirdest dreams last night. It was very vivid. It was about an Anthrax epidemic that occurred during Hitler's reign. Thankfully, it was just a dream:

I got to follow it from the first strain, which was "alien". Someone thought the particle/being/thing looked interesting, and they picked it up and got infected.

Moments later, a group of scientists head to this lab that has done most of the research on a vaccine. The head of the American group had this disrespectful attitude toward this one other scientist from the research lab, who seemed to be "mentally deficient" in some way. This disrespectful scientist was questioning, almost ordering everyone, trying to find out what could be done about it.

Then this eccentric scientist revealed himself to the first one. He had interviewed the first man for a job with this lab many years ago. This eccentric man took the first one to a safe, opened it, and pulled out several vials.

"What are those?" the first one asked.

"Purity vials," the other replied.

The first understood that they were pure vaccines that could be reproduced to give to others.

I guess I could apologize for this sounding so disjointed, but I just want this to get out before I forget it.

In my dream, when the flashback between the American doctor and the elder, more eccentric doctor, occurs, and the American doctor realizes that he had interviewed for a job with the other doctor, and interesting thing occurred. As a gesture of his rejection, the elder doctor forcibly kissed the other on the lips, in a homosexual kind of way. Really weird to me at the time.

So the doctor had just found the "Purity vials". (BTW, this whole dream sounds like it could have been an "X-Files" episode or something.) Then, an explosion occurs, and everyone in the lab dies. Except for me. The vials... I cannot remember what happened to them.

I begin to wonder, "Where is a good place to find refuge?" Then I remember where I grew up: Mt. Healthy. Mount Healthy was where several people settled as a refuge from the cholera virus that had occurred in Cincinnati, Ohio a long time ago. Mt. Healthy sounded like a great place to go.

I then remember heading into a stadium that would be a safe haven from the epidemic, but somehow, others that are infected find us, and I somehow get infected.

Then Hitler shows up for a rally. All I can think about is to get close to this evil madman, so that I can somehow infect him, too.

And then I wake up.

Okay, all you readers out there. Who wants to interpret the dream for me? I have my own ideas, which I may post some other time.

No comments: