Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Leave it to the Dog

While walking our dog Jake this morning, I took him the usual route around the cul de sac in which we live. Two-thirds of the way around, he stops by a tree and drops something he'd obviously been carrying for longer than the entire walk: one of Keisha's hearing aids! This hearing aid sells for a nice price of $1600.

I was so upset, and I disciplined him for it. Nevertheless, after we'd come back home and I sent him to his bed, I couldn't help but feel a little bit grateful that everything was intact. It still works, and it just needs to be cleaned before she can use it again. And, since he actually found it, who knows where it actually was? Maybe we would have had a hard time finding it.

So I guess I see this as a bit of a blessing in a disguise. I mean, after all, Jake does have toys that are much less expensive.

No comments: