Friday, March 07, 2003

'McCustomer No-Service' Rant

They say, "We Love to See You Smile," but today they didn't even try. Today's rant comes courtesy of none other than McDonald's. Specifically, I'm talking about the operation located at 4770 N. MAIN ST., DAYTON, OH 45405-5021, located next to the Blockbuster Video store:

I have had to leave the following complaint at their website:

You say "We Love to See You Smile." I must disagree, based on my experience.

All I wanted to do was compare the prices for the soft drinks. Your menus have gotten so cluttered that the prices and sizes for soft drinks were not listed.

I asked the drive thru attendant what the prices were, and she was most uncooperative. Downright rude, actually. She stated that she didn't know. She did not take any initiative to find out from any management that were present. The situation deteriorated to the point where I stated, "Thank you for your 'Customer No-Service'. I'll take my business elsewhere."

I returned minutes later to get complaint information, but that was hard to come by as well. The drive thru attendants didn't know the information, and they were not very willing to find it out. I happened to see a crew leader (wearing a light blue shirt) and asked him. He gave me the information. I told the attendants, "See? All you have to do is ask one of your managers. It's not THAT hard to do, is it?"

It was obvious to me that to McDonald's, I am just another customer number, just a dollar amount. Shoo me in, and shoo me out.

"We Love to See You Smile" is your slogan. You didn't make me smile today.

What are you going to do about this?

You may not even do anything about my complaint. Well, you may find that I don't visit this McDonalds again. You also may find that my friends won't either, because I have begun to tell my friends about this experience. And, of course, a business that continues to operate in this manner does not have a big chance of surviving in the long run.

I now leave this in your hands.
Update: Great news! The situation has been remedied to my satisfaction!

No comments: