Monday, March 31, 2003

E-mail from the Battlefront

I've posted somewhat frequently the emails I receive from a brother in Christ who is serving in the US Navy as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom. In his latest email, he writes:

Hi!!

How is everyone there? I am doing fine. We have not had anything big happen since the last email I sent. I am kind of bummed though. There are disciples here that I have been emailing. Many of them are American service members like myself but there are others who are the ones you hear about in KNN. The Disciples who are nationals and trying to make it in a Muslim world. Three times already we were supposed to make a port visit. I was looking forward to meeting these disciples. Anyway it looks like our next port visit will be yanked also. One of the biggest things I have been looking forward to in the Navy is being able to meet disciple around the world. Enough of that though.

I got the poster everyone signed for me. I thought it was great. I spent a lot of time going through all of the names and telling people in my shop cool stories of each person who signed it. I also got a photo of the Military Bible Talk I was part of in Pensacola. The poster you sent me and the photo from Florida serve as a constant reminder that though I am away from the Body, I am not alone out here. I can not explain how important that is. Thanks for all of the encouragement you send me. Hopefully I'll be able
to make a visit in the next few months. Thinks for everything and I love you all.

YBiC (your brother in Christ),

Dave

No comments: