Friday, January 10, 2003

"Empire Strikes Back" Trading Cards

While going through some stuff downstairs a few days ago, I found a keepsake box I'd received from my mom during the first plane trip I ever took to Houston, Texas. I opened it, and, just where I'd placed them a long time ago, were my Empire Strikes Back trading cards! I remember back in the early '80's, when the movie came out. It was hip to collect these trading cards. You'd go to the store and buy the packs, and while chewing the bubble gum that came with them, you'd look to see if you found any new trading cards. Most of them were single scenes from the movie. Sometimes you got a file on one of the characters. Every so often you'd find a painting from one of the scenes.

I had every trading card, except for one. One that was of Lando Calrissian commenting "Having problems with your droid?". And I remember so clearly that one of the kids down the street from me had two of them. Oh how I begged and pleaded with him to trade with me. Yet he never did. Now, over 20 years later, I still have an incomplete set. I wonder how much I could get for it on eBay?

No comments: