Thursday, January 30, 2003

Anxiety, Aggression Gene Discovered

According to the article, the January 23 issue of the journal Neuron will contain findings of a study indicating that "a genetic abnormality may help explain why some people are more prone to feelings of anxiety and aggression than others." This appears to me further proof that there exist biological causes behind anxiety and depression.

Now, my natural tendency, when I read this, is to think, "Oh, I'm defective. That's why I have this problem." It's then that I need to remind myself that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made" by God. He doesn't make any junk, knows exactly what he's doing, and has a plan to use me, despite my weaknesses. In fact, its these weaknesses that are designed to get me to rely more heavily on him. Amen!

via WebMD | Anxiety, Aggression Gene Discovered

No comments: