Thursday, January 09, 2003

Backpack Reflections - Meeting the Public Defender

While going through my backpack this morning I was reminded of something that happened several months ago:

I was walking along Third Street in downtown Dayton. I passed the Courthouse and as I approached the Montgomery County Administration building, I saw a piece of paper lying on the ground. I picked it up and noticed that it was a business card from the Law Office of the Public Defender in Montgomery County, Ohio. I turned the card over and saw the following:

Response to Police Questioning

I understand my constitutional rights to remain silent and to have an attorney present during any questioning. I DO NOT give up those rights. Please stop questioning me until my lawyer is present.

I have had that card in my backpack until now. I mean, you never know when you might need the Public Defender, right? Anyhow...

No comments: