Thursday, January 23, 2003

Daddy and Daughter Date

Last night I took my five-year old daughter Keisha out on a "Daddy and Daughter" date:

Shortly after I arrived home from work, we left my wife Jennie and my mom, both of whom haven't been feeling that well lately, and drove to Huber Heights. When we got off I-70, we drove to the Danbarry Cinemas to see what was playing. Keisha and I bought our tickets to see SpyKids 2: Island of Lost Dreams and then drove to the Huber Heights McDonald's, which has a huge PlayPlace.

After getting our food, we sat down in the PlayPlace area to eat. Keisha was so excited to play that she didn't even open up the two toys she had gotten in her Happy Meal. We had enough time for her to go through the PlayPlace one time before we needed to head back to the movie theatre.

Upon arriving at the movie theatre we bought a box of Milk Duds and proceeded to where "Spy Kids 2" was showing. I let Keisha pick out the place for us to sit, and she chose front row, stage center. I think that there were only two other people in the theatre with us, but they sat toward the back.

Keisha and I loved the movie, but more importantly, we loved spending the time together doing something we both love to do. I really enjoy asking her about how her day at school was. Having been to observe her class a few times, I was able to ask specific questions about different classmates and different activities.

You are not fully aware that so much time has gone by until you see it in your children's lives. Moments like these are truly golden.

No comments: