Friday, January 24, 2003

Snapshot Memories Written Down

A few days ago, I used one of my own topics and came up with some snapshot memories:

1978

Bad blizzard that year. Schools were closed for awhile. I remember that we'd get a bunch of homework when we went to class in case schools had to be closed again for awhile. I went to Greener Elementary. I believe I was in the second grade.

Keego Harbor, Michigan

In the spring and fall of 1990, as well as the spring of 1991, I co-oped for a company in the Greater Detroit area. I stayed with a coworker, paying him room and board. He had a house in Keego Harbor, which is situated next to Cass Lake. I remember the A&P Supermarket, just down the street. Some of the best moments were spending time at night on the pier, overlooking the lake and seeing the stars. There were a couple times, I believe that I went sailing. I had never sailed before, and the craft we used was not that big, if I remember correctly. I decided not to go back out sailing, once I found out that in some places the lake was over 90 feet deep. I have a terrible fear of large bodies of water to begin with, thanks I suppose to movies like "Jaws".

Sharon Keys

I had a huge crush on her in fifth grade. I remember that her best friend was Tracey Grau. She always made these really goofy looks at me, because I'd stare at her often. I was too shy to really do anything else.

No comments: