Monday, January 06, 2003

Some Thoughts on the Weekend Past

Snowy Winter

I drove to work today in Mom's car, since Jennie has been using our car for when she goes to work. It's been snowing rather frequently so far this winter. I would rather have things that way than for it to just be cold without any snow.

Back to School

Also, today is the day that nearly all kids who were off on Christmas break go back to school. Keisha was really excited about going back to see the friends she has in class. She'd been feeling sick since late last week, but apparently the medicine she's been taking is making her well.

Respect Your Elders

One thing Jennie and I are realizing is that Keisha really needs to respect my Mom. Last night at the dinner table she goofed up in how she was behaving toward her Nana, and it was a golden opportunity for us to teach her the correct behavior. Jennie rightly pointed out that Keisha models our behavior, and while I couldn't see it, I agreed and apologized to her for any behavior I'd demonstrated and committed to changing it.

Tired

Another thing about this weekend is that I felt tired nearly all the time. I'm grateful for the opportunity to nap, but that also means that I don't do much anything else. Jennie and I were so tired last night that we went to bed without watching 'Alias'.

Separating Friends

I also found out yesterday that a couple whom we're close friends with is separating. It hurts in my heart just to think about it. They have four kids between the ages of 4 to 8. I hurt for these kids because I was six years old when my Mom and Dad separated. Divorce hurts everyone. Believe it.

No comments: