Thursday, January 16, 2003

Comments Controversy

Earlier this week Josh Sargent posted his opinion on his blog:

It's turning into a pet peeve of mine to find a blog without comments. Once I see there's no comment application, i usually don't even read it. I believe the interaction of comments from readers take blogging to another level. What are reasons people wouldn't want comments on their blog?
I added the following comments to his post and present them here:
I agree with your post somewhat, Josh. I have purposely not included a comments section in my "Letters to God" blog, because I know that my temptation would be to include what I think people would want to hear. I do receive comments via email, Dan's e-mail address at Gmail.com, and I am pretty good about responding. In an effort to minimize the temptation to write something because I know people will read it, however, I am not including comments on that particular blog.

No comments: