Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Puppet Fun with Keisha

Yesterday Keisha really wanted to put on a puppet show. She had in mind to do an elaborate stage, with curtains and so forth, but that was not going to be possible. I instead suggested that she use the back of our couch or a table.

Last night, before we put her to bed, she reminded me that she still wanted to put it on. I told her that she had five minutes to show me what she had.

One of the puppets is an actual elephant hand puppet. For another she used one of her socks. She then told the story of an elephant who found a peanut, cracked it open, discovered it was rotten, and yet ate it anyway.

I've played the song "Found a Peanut" (to the tune of "Clementine") for her, so she must have remembered the words to include in her story.

Then she said, "Okay, Daddy, you try it." I took the two puppets from her and proceeded to tell her a story about an elephant and a ghost who were afraid of each other. They finally met when the elephant came out of the restroom and saw the ghost waiting to go to the restroom.

It was a lot of fun!

No comments: