Wednesday, July 21, 2004

A Different Kind of 8 Mile - Trip

Greetings from the Northtown-Shiloh Branch of the Dayton Metro Library. I am making my way home from a therapist appointment I had this afternoon in Kettering, Ohio.

Shortly after 12 Noon I left home on my bike, and I rode from Turner Rd (Needmore Rd) to Riverside Drive. I got onto Riverside and rode all the way to where it meets the Bike Trail.

I got on the bike trail and continued to Stewart Road. From Stewart I turned onto Patterson and headed the rest of the way to my appointment:

I haven't gone on such an extensive bike ride in a very long time. I was so tired when I finally got to my appointment (15 minutes late), that I decided to catch the bus back home. My therapist is an avid cyclist himself, and he estimates that I rode over 8 miles to get to my appointment.

I saw this morning that I have items on hold for me here, so I stopped off to pick them up.

Jennie and Keisha are on their own adventure this afternoon. Keisha is having her annual physical at the pediatrician's office near the Englewood Meijer. I know that Jennie is going to be flat-out exhausted, since she worked last night and hasn't caught up on her sleep.

No comments: