Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Chalking Escapades

Yesterday evening after dinner Keisha and I took Jake outside. While he did his business, she and I made some chalk drawings in the parking lot.

At first we did some random stuff. Keisha drew a picture of a sun, a tree, and some clouds. I drew something that resembled a sine wave and proceeded to add facial features to each hump of the design.

Then I wrote the following:

You can pick your nose
You can pick your friends
But you can not pick your friend's NOSE!
Keisha and I wrote our names vertically. I added descriptive words that begin with each letter of our names while she drew pictures of things that begin with the letters in our names. In parentheses are the pictures she drew:
  • Kind (Kite)
  • Enjoys (Easter egg)
  • Inventive (Ice cream cone)
  • Smart (Snake)
  • Happy (Happy face)
  • Artistic (Apple)
  • Daredevil (Dinosaur)
  • Artistic (Ant)
  • Nutsy (Nose)
Then I walked around the area and wrote words with arrows pointing to the objects they described; for example, light, dumpster, parking space, peeing stone (for Jake the dog).

We then walked back to our apartment building and did some chalk stuff there. I wrote more words with arrows; for example, lamp post, tree, retaining wall. Then I felt a little bored, so I started writing the license plate numbers of cars that were parked in front of the sidewalk. I also wrote
Take trash out
This way
with an arrow pointing toward the dumpster.

Finally, I noticed this Ford Bronco that has been sitting for as long as I can remember in the same spot. Once, when the tires had gone flat, the apartment company management stuck a Tow sticker on it. The owner reinflated the tires and removed the sticker.

I wrote in front of the car on the sidewalk:
Does this Bronco ever move?
I spoke with Mom on the phone last night and mentioned our chalking escapades. She said I should be careful because someone might want to kick my butt.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Great new layout, Dan! It seems to load faster, too.
I think "peeing stone" for Jake the Dog was my favorite.

Exclamation Mark