Saturday, July 10, 2004

Friday Night Fright

Last night, after Jennie had left for work and Keisha had went to bed, I watched "The Shining". The video had a "Making Of" spot done by Vivian Kubrick.

The first time I saw that movie, I also had rented Pink Floyd's "The Wall". I remember that I'd gotten some wine coolers and had the house to myself. I was at my folks' house and must have been staying there for the weekend when I was in college.

After getting drunk, I put the movies in. It's funny because I heard that being in that state of mind is what is needed to follow "The Wall", lol! I also remember that I laughed at all the horror stuff during "The Shining".

I didn't get drunk last night, thankfully. Having seen the Kubrick version, I'd like to see the 1997 TV version.

Earlier this week I saw "One Hour Photo", with Robin Williams as the obsessed photo lab clerk. Really eerie.

I'm really grateful for the public library! I just requested the DVD for Stephen King's "Pet Sematary" (go get your own IMDB link if you want). I've never seen it, but I read the book when I was in high school.

No comments: