Friday, July 23, 2004

I Don't Just Buy Movies

We rent movies; we usually check them out from the library. When I am in the market for a movie to own, I don't just go out and buy any movie. I would like to have seen it first. Then it has to be something I would like to have added to our collection. It's gotta be something special. But not too pricey.

So, a couple months ago, when I got a Blockbuster video gift card for $10, I stashed it away for awhile. I happen to work next door to one of their stores, and yet, until today, I hadn't gone in to redeem the gift card

After work I went to the store, and first browsed their "Previously Viewed" collections, which are on sale for less than a brand new copy would be. I then made my way around the outer walls of the store, examining the selections they were renting. I was trying to think of any titles that were on my favorites list.

I then ventured to the alphabetized collection. Some of the movies I would like to have were too pricey for me. Finally, I settled for the Sleepers DVD. I saw the movie some years ago, and I bought the book at Half Price Books awhile back.

I had requested the movie from the library, but it wasn't in their collection, and the request eventually expired. So, we'll see.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sleepers is a really good movie, I've got it taped. Haven't watched it in a while though.

I'm addicted to movies! LOL!!

Have a great weekend!