Monday, February 03, 2003

Yesterday I Visited My Past

After church in Cincinnati yesterday, we bought a Kodak single-use camera and drove around the northwestern suburbs of Cincinnati to the places I used to live:

I'd stop by the houses and take a picture of what they look like now. I also stopped by some of the schools I used to attend.

So many memories, so hard to capture in just a single photograph. Especially since it's been so many years ago. The playgrounds are different, the running track has become unkempt. Names of schools have changed somewhat, and people have done some extensive remodeling to houses where I grew up.

In a way, I was jealous. I often long to go back to those times, to relive those moments, the pleasant and unpleasant. Things seemed so much bigger back then than they are now. I don't want those memories to be forgotten, lost forever.

No comments: