Saturday, February 08, 2003

The Sinus 'Crud'

I forgot to mention yesterday that our family, except for my daughter and the dog, are sick with sinus infections:

Yesterday, Jennie and I went to our old family doctor, and, since we don't have health insurance right now, paid for the office visits out of our own pocket: $51 each for the office visits, totaling $102. Then we went to the pharmacist to get our prescriptions filled, again paying out of our own pocket: $181 for three prescriptions, two of which were not available in generic form. Because my mom receives MedicAid for her medical stuff, her office visit and medicine didn't cost us any out-of-pocket money.

Nevertheless, I was a bit upset for having to pay so much for medical care, and I prayed on the way home for God to help me be grateful that we even had the money and access to the medical care. I also prayed for the medicine to do its job. Ultimately, God is in control, and I need to trust in him. I guess that is one of the biggest things I am learning in my life: that I need to concentrate on the stuff that I can handle and leave the rest up to God.

I encourage you to please pray for us, as these new circumstances just add to the strenuous ones we're already dealing with.

No comments: