Monday, February 03, 2003

Better Than Chocolate!

Also yesterday afternoon, we went to Golden Corral, where we got to partake of their Steak Buffet! (fanfare, jubilee, uh oh, the PETA police are coming!) "Grilled, seasoned to perfection." Here's more:

My mouth waters as I type those words. So tender, I must have gone to the buffet about 4 or 5 times. "This is better than dessert!" I exclaimed to the group of folks at the neighboring table, who kept glancing at me with these weird looks on their faces. "I guess I should be careful," I muttered. "I wouldn't want to OD (overdose) on steak now, would I?" Smiles. Snickers. Grins. "Although there are worse fates than 'Death by Sirloin'!" Actual chuckles.

So steak has now risen to the top spot in my list of favorite foods. Pizza had previously been the leader, but now, alas, it resides at number two. Now I know what to ask Santa for when Christmas rolls around this year!

No comments: