Thursday, February 27, 2003

Steel Beach BBQ

My friend and brother in Christ, Dave F. is serving in Operation Enduring Freedom somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. In a recent email, he mentions something called a "Steel Beach BBQ":

Tomorrow we are having a Steel Beach BBQ. It's call the steel beach because it will be on our flight deck. We have been out for almost 2 months. It's the command's way of letting us blow off a little steam. Unfortunately we will not see land. This was something I was really hoping for.

Either way I am looking forward to tomorrow. It is the first day we have had to just relax and kick back. It should be fun. I heard talk about a Volley Ball game. I don't see this happening. Diving for the ball on the "Non-Skid" surface will end most peoples game.

Can you say 'Ouch'?

No comments: