Saturday, May 20, 2006

Community-wide Yard Sale and a Personal Dog Walk

Mood: restless
Listening to: Teknikal Diffikulties - comedy sketch podcast
Eating: plain bagel with spread, orange juice, 2 small frappacino (sp?) mochas, and 1 beef jerky stick (see below)

Our apartment complex is having a yard sale. Members of the community have signed up for "booths" to sell, buy, trade, whatever. Jennie signed us up yesterday, I think. The sale has been going on since 8:30 this morning and will continue until 4 PM. Most of what we're selling is Keisha's old toys, but there is some of our stuff in the mix, too:

Our booth is situated right where Keisha' bus stop is, and it's close to the entrance of the duck pond. Having ducks and geese in the neighborhood is a double-edged sword: it adds character, but it also adds mess. Specifically, we have to be on the lookout for duck and geese poop on the sidewalks and streets where we walk.

Jennie came home from work this morning, packed up the stuff we were selling, and went to the booth. I stayed in bed for another couple of hours and finally decided it was time to get up. I feel like I've slept so much these past few days, and I needed to get out of the home. Jake needing his walk also was a motivating factor. I got up, put my contacts in, got dressed, and put three plastic bags in my pocket. I put Jake's leash on him, and I began our walk.

I've taken Jake to the food mart near the local fire station before. It's only a few minutes' drive, but it's a good half hour walk. One way, that is. I brought three plastic bags because I know that if I take Jake for that long of a walk, there's a good chance I'll need them, to pick up after he relieves himself. And it's a good thing I did.

Once we got to the food mart, I tied Jake up to a telephone pole and went inside. He was very well-behaved; didn't bark or whine at all. I went inside and got 2 Starbucks frappacino(sp?) mochas and two beef jerky sticks that were a quarter apiece. One of them I shared with Jake, the other one was mine. Then we came back home.

Right now my right ear feels completely clogged, and I'm still feeling congested, but I'm going to head down to relieve Jennie so that she can come home and get some sleep.

I might bring this laptop with me so that I do some work on this week's podcast. Yes, I'm still planning on releasing one. Maybe one with very little talk, since I don't have my usual voice. We'll see.

No comments: