Friday, October 03, 2003

Journey Inside My Mind

Okay, so I lied. I wanted to mention this in a separate post and do it while it was still fresh in my head. You may know from reading my blog in the past, that I struggle with self-injury (for more info, do a Google search in this blog; I'm too tired to find a link to a specific post right now - sorry). Basically, I pick at scabs on my body to make them bleed.

At my last visit to the therapist, he recommended that I get some of those stress balls, that you squeeze to relieve stress. I had told him that I felt like I needed to keep my hands busy (read "distracted") so that I would be able to resist the urge to pick.

On Thursday afternoon, Keisha and I walked up and down the toy aisle at the local Meijer store, and I bought two of those stress balls.

No comments: