Monday, October 13, 2003

I Love A British Accent

Carla mentions another in what I suppose is a collection of Cool Things To Do With An English Accent. Her post and it's comments reminded me of what happened last night at the restaurant where I've been bartending.

We have one British gentleman who is on loan from Her Majesty's Royal Air Force. He's been a regular for a few weeks now. Then, last night, I met a woman from North London whose accent was just lovely! I told her so, and she was tickled, to say the least. She was vacationing with some of her other 50-something friends. I told her that listening to her accent was just so refreshing that I almost wished that I could tape-record her voice to play back when I get down.

We discussed how, in her opinion, Americans have butchered the "Queen's English." It was quite humorous, actually.

So, with that, mates, I'm going to pouhr some moh tea! (chuckles)

No comments: