Friday, October 03, 2003

High-Flying with the Kitefliers

Just one more quick post before I head off to bed...

This week at the hotel where I'm working, we've been hosting the American Kitefliers Association. They are having their National Convention and Grand National Competition in Dayton, Ohio this year as part of the celebration of the 100th anniversary of flight.

These people have been a lot of fun to serve, and they sure have been keeping the bar busy! One of the gentlemen in the group is celebrating a birthday this week, and, as a card was being passed around, one other gentleman brought it up to me and asked me to sign it, since I was a part of this event, too. He asked me to make sure the recipient would know it was his bartender who'd signed it. So, I wrote: "Happy Birthday! Dan the Bartender" I suppose that was good enough.

Remind me to mention more about the guy who gave me his band's CD, and to include the link I got from one guy who maintains a newsletter.

Bye for now!

No comments: