Wednesday, October 15, 2003

I Didn't Have to Go Back After All

Someone, maybe Mark Twain, once said that common sense is not so common. I believe that has been one of the truths in my life.

Yesterday I inadvertently brought home the keys used to unlock the locks to the liquor and beer cabinets at work. I was mortified and called work to tell them that I'd be bringing them back later. We had a men's meeting for church, and afterward, I drove the 20 minutes back there, only to have the servers and other bartender tell me that I didn't have to return after all. Yes, I would need the keys to UNlock the cabinet, but not to LOCK the cabinets!!!

I took the opportunity, nevertheless, to chat with some of the customers. I got some free beer from one of their pitchers, and, in general, had a good time.

No comments: