Friday, May 02, 2003

We Live in Sinus Valley

I don't claim that we live in the only Sinus Valley in the country, or even the world. I just know that, from time to time, environmental conditions are such that everyone in our family gets sinus infections. I've been fortunate so far this season. My wife Jennie and my daughter Keisha, on the other hand, have not:

Tuesday morning Jennie and Keisha slept in. Keisha stayed home from school because she had been up all night, complaining from a "scratchy throat". Jennie was feeling poorly, too. Since she was a kid, Jennie has been prone to getting bronchitis. Keisha was feeling better throughout the day and wound up going to school on Wednesday.

On Wednesday, Jennie called our family doctor and scheduled an appointment. A few minutes later, she asked me what time her appointment was -- she was so "out of it" that she'd forgotten that she'd made the appointment.

I was getting ready to go to a job fair at the Dayton Job Center, so mom asked Jennie if she felt well enough to drive herself. Jennie asked mom if she would drive her. I returned home from the job fair at the same time mom and Jennie returned.

Yesterday we went to Meijer to fill another prescription, and I saw the store brand for some sinus/allergy/pain relief medicine. I bought for myself, because I've been feeling some of the early symptoms. After we got home, I took the medicine and a nap.

I initially planned for it to only last until Keisha came home from school. I woke up later when Jennie called me for dinner. It wound up being a long nap then.

Now it's Friday morning, and Jennie, while feeling a little better from alternating pain relievers, is still experiencing symptoms. She's going to head back to bed while I take Keisha to speech therapy at Children's Medical Center today. I may pop some more of those sinus/allergy pills before we leave.

No comments: