Thursday, May 29, 2003

Sigh

Today is Keisha's last day of school. In fact, I'll be heading to pick her up in a few minutes. We've absolutely loved the experience we've had with her teachers. It feels a little sad. I don't know how school teachers do it. I spoke with her teacher this morning, and she said that she was up three times last night crying. She's been a teacher for 35 years, and it never has gotten easier.

It reminds me of one of my all-time favorite movies, which we saw again last night: Mr. Holland's Opus. I think Richard Dreyfuss should have won Best Actor for his role as Mr. Holland.

That this is one of my favorites shows my inclination to become a teacher, too.

But first, today I have an appointment with the manager of the local professional bartending school.

No comments: