Monday, May 12, 2003

Sinuses, allergies, or was it too much Mother's Day?

Hi. I'm not feeling too good today. I think it actually started yesterday afternoon. We came home from church and I laid down on the couch for a nap. A few hours later I awoke with a splitting headache, where the upper left-hand corner of my left eye was the epicenter. I made my way downstairs and took a Sinus/Allergy pill and laid down on our bed.

I reawoke at 4:30 PM to take my mom and Jennie to dinner for Mother's Day (I actually alluded that something like this would happen late last week.). We initially tried to get into Golden Corral to take advantage of their All-You-Can-Eat Steak Buffet, but, alas, there were lines extending outside that showed how busy the restaurant was. We decided instead to go to Skyline Chili. My mom, who grew up in Cincinnati, the birthplace of Skyline Chili, did not have it available to her as much when she lived in Texas. Yet another good reason for her to move back to Ohio. :D

I barely had any appetite, but I somehow managed to eat a small 3-way and a cheese coney. I guess there are some things that even sickness can't overcome, huh?

I went home took all my medicine and went to bed. This was at about 6:30 PM last night. I woke up this morning, and I felt a little better... until I coughed. So I just took another dose of the sinus/allergy medicine, and I'm going to head back to bed for a little while. The hot shower didn't seem to help a whole lot. Except, maybe, that I feel sick and smell clean and fresh at the same time!

No comments: