Friday, May 30, 2003

She Couldn't Stay Away

Well, something like that. Yesterday I gave Keisha's teacher, Jean W., our home phone number and encouraged her to keep in touch with us. We got a call from Keisha's teacher this afternoon. She said, "I bet you weren't expecting me to be contacting you so soon." It turned out that we needed to give her the original copy of some documentation related to Keisha's Individualized Education Plan (IEP).

I gave her directions to our place, and she stopped by. Keisha was excited about having her favorite teacher see where she lives. I had gone to pick Jennie up from work, so Jean chatted with my mom and Keisha on our front porch. She was still there when Jennie and I came home. I took Keisha's picture with Jean, and Jean gave Keisha her home telephone number because Keisha wants to have her come to her birthday party this July.

How cool, huh?

No comments: