Saturday, May 10, 2003

They sent us to our basement

This afternoon it rained hard. We had a big thunderstorm come through. I was brought to my senses when I heard the hail hitting our roof and looked out the window to see it streaming across the yard. I walked to our covered porch to see how big the hail was. At one point, I picked up a golf ball-sized piece. Of course at that time, the local weathermen told us we needed to get to our basements because they had noticed some rotation in the cloud system, even though no funnels were created. Just to be safe. So we all went downstairs and sat on our bed and watched the progress of the thunderstorm on the local television station.

When it looked and sounded like the worst had passed I walked upstairs and outside to survey the area. I called for everyone else to come up, too. We saw lots of hail strewn around our yard, and it appears that the hood of mom's car was pelted with hail. Other than that, everything looked okay.

Keisha walked around the yard, collecting pieces of hail in a plastic cup.

Then we all returned inside to the rest of our lives.

No comments: