Monday, January 17, 2005

Weekend Review And Some MLK

And now, a review of this past weekend...

SPIDEY-SENSE

Jennie, Keisha, and I saw Spider-man 2 on DVD this weekend. Keisha and I agree that Spider-man is cool and want to be him when we grow up.

Also, we finished watching the first season DVD of In Living Color.

GIFT FROM A FRIEND

Yesterday, Chris, a friend and brother in Christ, gave me a copy of The Learning Bible, New International Version. I was not expecting it. He just said that he saw a special at the bookstore (something like a buy one get one free) and thought of me. What a great friend!


MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the United States. Many government and business offices are closed, as are schools. Our daugher, who is in the first grade, has picked up a lot about Dr. King's life from school. It was truly fascinating to hear her enthusiastically relate what she knows.

Last night she made a door hanger about Martin Luther King, Jr. It says:
Happy Birthday Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have a dream that no more people will lose their cats and dogs.
Update: When I arrived home, I saw that she had made a card for MLK:
Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King!

Thank you for changing the law.

No comments: