Wednesday, February 16, 2005

One Less Hair

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." -- Matthew 10:29-31
This morning I'm helping Keisha brush her teeth when, all of a sudden - YANK! - Jennie pulls a hair out of the back of my head! Then she hands me this GRAY hair!!

I look at it under the light, and, yes, it's a gray one. Geez.

I'm going to be 35 years old this April, and I believe this is the second or third gray hair she's found on me. They've all been in the back. I guess that's good.

Anyway, here are a couple Bible verses about gray hair:
"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." - Proverbs 16:31

"Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come." - Psalm 71:18

No comments: