Thursday, September 08, 2005

JIMM 11 - Songs for Survivors - 050908

Mood: UNSTOPPABLE
Listening to: JIMM 11


Journey Inside My Mind podcast 11 is dedicated to all those affected by Hurricane Katrina: victims, relief workers, and anyone else touched by this disaster. By the time we're done we'll have listened to nine songs from the Podsafe Music Network.

Many of these songs are ones I've played before - they've become some of my favorites. I chose all of these songs because of the encouraging effect they've had on me, and I hope they'll do the same for you.

Sandwiched in the middle of this podcast is the Hurricane Relief PSA, pared down slightly from what you heard in show 9.

Here are the details:

  1. Butterfly Catchers - Wake Up (second time played on this podcast!)
  2. Mike Chappelear - What Is This Moment? (second time played on this podcast!)
    Mike e-mailed me when I played his song earlier to mention that all of the profits from the sale of the CD from which this song comes, "When Push Comes To Shove" will be donated to the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief effort. Many artists on the CDBaby website are participating in this event.
  3. De La Vega - Breathe (second time played on this podcast!)
  4. Journey Inside My Mind Hurricane Relief PSA (second time played on this podcast!)
  5. Scott Helms - Westerneast
  6. Slackstring - Stranded (second time played on this podcast!)
  7. Jennifer Helane - Delivery
  8. Scott Helms - Chill Waters
  9. De La Vega - Someone Else (second time played on this podcast!)
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9

As always thanks go out to the folks who help make this possible:Please leave me a comment (guidepost) or send me an e-mail to let me know what you think!

No comments: