Thursday, September 08, 2005

Chinese Fortune Cookie Fortunes

Have you ever played the game where you add "in bed" to the end of a fortune you got from a fortune cookie? Apparently it's a pretty common pastime. Some of them turn out to be rather, um, interesting:

I got one a few months ago that wound up being really interesting:

  • "Behind every able-bodied man are other able-bodied men."
Add "in bed" to that one and you see what I mean.

Jennie and I went to the local Chinese restaurant this afternoon and got fortune cookies which I fed to our dog Jake. I kept the fortunes so that I could add them to this blog:
  • "Sometimes... money costs too much."
  • "Compassion is a way of being."
Adding "in bed" just gives a different meaning.

I've come up with a couple that might be found in a fortune cookie, that also have a different meaning with "in bed" appended to it. Why not share some of your own?
  1. "You're about to learn a new position."
  2. "You will get a raise."
Harmless-sounding, until you add "in bed". Can you think of any others?

No comments: