Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Strep Throat

Keisha has strep throat. The pediatrician said that she needed to stay home a second day until the antibiotic was in her system for 24 hours. So, Keisha and I have been hanging out these last two days.

The doctor said that their office had been packed lately with flu-related and strep-related patients. The waiting room is divided up into two sections: one for well patients and one for sick patients.

When Keisha is sick she tends to want to snuggle and be loved up on (who doesn't, huh?). This is a great opportunity for Mommy and Daddy to shower her with the love that she sometimes doesn't want. What I mean to say is that there are times when she is well that she doesn't want to sit on my lap and have me hold her. When she feels sick, however, she's more apt to do this.

I suppose that God allows her to get sick so that we can show her love. It reminds me of 2 Corinthians 1 in the Bible.

No comments: