Friday, December 05, 2003

My Dreams Are Weirder Than Yours

So goes the tagline for this blog. For example --

I dreamt yesterday that I'd driven this white compact car in England, and somehow the tires got slashed. I didn't have any money to get the repairs done, and I panicked.

Fortunately, I was in the small town where Paul McCartney and his family lived. In fact, his mother lived in a historic house with several historic vehicles in the parking lot.

I found my way to this house, and I learned that Paul's Mum was living off a huge trust that her deceased husband had bequeathed her. I was allowed to stay at this house for a time.

I desperately wanted to get back to the States, but I needed help getting my passport and other things. Then I learned how deep the McCartney family politics went.

I learned that one of Paul's brothers had gotten into some trouble with a neighboring clan from another town. The problem was so deep that the head of this family was wanting one of their family to marry one if Paul's, in return for the calamity.

For some reason, the two clans each had distinguishing symbols on their right cheeks, corresponding to their respective families.

One way for me to get out of the country, I found out, was to take the place of this McCartney brother who was in trouble. (I don't really remember if I was already married or not.) After I reluctantly agreed, they helped me get set up so that I would pass as a member of the McCartney family.

I recall a scene at a train station in which they handed me my wedding clothes to change into. I made my way to the men's room and did so.

I then remember driving to this mansion where I would meet my bride-to-be.

And that's all I can remember.

No comments: