Monday, December 22, 2003

Gone Only Temporarily

On October 23, 2003, one of the women my wife takes care of at her job, was killed in an automobile accident. Both of us attended her memorial service. We received a card with the following inscription on it:

Fill not your hearts with pain and sorrow,
but remember me in every tomorrow.
Remember the joy, the laughter, the smiles,
I've only gone to rest a little while.
Although my leaving causes pain and grief,
my going has eased my hurt and given me relief.
So dry your eyes and remember me,
Not as I am now, but as I used to be.
Because I will remember yu all and look on with a smile.
Understand, in your hearts, I've only gone to rest awhile.
As long as I have the love of each of you,
I can live my life in the hearts of all of you.

No comments: