Monday, December 15, 2003

Holiday Party

We had a holiday party at the hotel where I work tonight. It was nice. I got a little bit of a bonus, and there was free food. The management of the hotel served us. Jennie, Keisha, and I sat at a table with others who work at the restaurant. Stan the Magic Man performed. We'd seen him at the Boonshoft Museum earlier in the year, but it was a good magic show nevertheless.

In other news, I'm on the schedule for this Saturday from 11 to 3 only. Then, I'm off at least until January 2nd. In some ways it's a good thing because Keisha will be off school, too. In others, it isn't because I'm not getting paid much, or at all during this time.

Also, I found out after last Thursday's psychiatrist appointment, while trying to fill a prescription, that the insurance card I have has "expired." Jennie called our case worker at the Montgomery County Job Center today, and we have a meeting with her to discuss it.

I discovered last night that tonight's dose of the Lexapro is my last until I get a refill. I have some of the regular (i.e., not extended release) Adderall, which I can take. So hopefully this meeting tomorrow will be fruitful, and we can get set up with insurance.

Also, I feel like I'm getting a sinus infection. I feel the headache and the sinus pressure. Then again, it may just be a cold.

I'm having a rough time having a great attitude about all of this. It's supposed to be a happy time of year, and, in one sense I am grateful for all that I still have. In another sense, I look at all that I have lost over the last year. I see the lack of purchasing power we have, the tough financial times, the illnesses, and it feels depressing.

My initial tendency is to want to pull back from everything and retreat under the covers until someone tells me it's all over.

I guess I need to talk with God now.

No comments: