Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Yet Another Tooth

Keisha has had her top two front teeth loose for the past couple weeks. It's gotten to the point that they have moved away from their adjacent teeth and are "scrunched" close to each other. Well, until we got home from dinner tonight: Jennie helped pull one of them out.

Keisha looks so cute, with the one tooth hanging down in the front of her mouth! We've already talked about how I'm going to call the tooth fairy, who happens to have dog treats for those houses that have dogs. You see, Keisha is concerned that the tooth fairy won't want to come in because of our dog Jake. Keisha had even promised that she'd hold Jake while she slept.

Needless to say, she's been a little excited. Earlier, however, she was a bit lethargic, having had a cold and runny nose. This morning, for example, while we were taking Jake for a walk, as we waited for her bus to arrive, she sneezed and her nose leaked a bit, if you know what I mean.

Then her bus arrived, and the driver asked if I had a tissue, and I replied that I was going to ask her the same thing. She handed Keisha a paper towel instead.

This just in: Keisha showed me the tooth, and, as I held it, this conversation ensued:

"Daddy, you know what I was thinking? I was thinking that, tomorrow morning, you could give me a 'prise (i.e., surprise) because my tooth came out."

"You already have the tooth fairy coming out," I replied. "I don't think it works out that way."

"I know," she said, "but I was thinking you could get me a doll or something like that."

"I don't think so," I replied.
It sounds like she's trying to milk this moment for all she can get.

No comments: