Thursday, November 27, 2003

All She Wants for Christmas Is Her Two Front Teeth

Thanks to everyone who has already commented about the disagreement between me and my wife.

Yesterday morning, Keisha showed me that the remaining tooth was hanging crooked, barely attached to her mouth. She asked me if I could help her. I instructed her to get me a large piece of floss, which she did.

After a little bit of tugging, we took a break. Then, on an impulse, I took the floss, wrapped it around the loose tooth, and gave it a firm but quick tug. The tooth came out. We put it in a glass of water, and I had Keisha rinse her mouth out with some salt water. Now she's got such a cute, half toothless smile.

This also helps me appreciate how important those incisors are when eating. This morning we went to an all-you-can-eat fruit and salad bar. Keisha, who loves to eat melon, could only eat Jello.

I've also been reminded of when she was just beginning to get her teeth in as an infant. I loved putting my hand into her mouth from time to time as she was teething, to feel where the new teeth were coming in.

So the Tooth Fairy made another visit last night. This time she left $2; apparently, she took advice from others who have commented to this blog.

Now Keisha can tell Santa Claus what she wants for Christmas!

No comments: