Wednesday, November 26, 2003

More Adventures in Toothdom

I cannot believe my wife. Last night, as I took the dog for a walk and spent some time talking with a neighbor, she pulled one of Keisha's two front teeth out.

Of course that's not that big of a deal in and of itself. I mentioned earlier that we'd made arrangements for the Tooth Fairy to come by to exchange Keisha's tooth for some money. I asked Jennie how much we thought the Tooth Fairy should leave, and, would you believe she said, "$20."

"$20?!?!?" I was floored. I told her I didn't think we had a savings account that allotted that much money for a tooth. Whatever happened to just a quarter? I mean, that was over 25 years ago. I told her that a dollar should be enough.

She kept trying to haggle with me. ?$10. C'mon, Dan. Two $5 dollar bills. It's worth it for what she went through."

I wouldn't budge. Finally, we woke Keisha up to go to the bathroom, and I noticed that the "Tooth Fairy" had left a $5 bill. I exchanged it for a $1 bill. After all, I don't want our daughter to get expectations for future visits from the Tooth Fairy.

Am I being unreasonable here? I mean, what's the going rate for a tooth these days? Help me out here.

No comments: