Sunday, June 22, 2003

"The Next Romantic Line..."

Jennie and I have this running "inside" joke about things we say to each other. I'm going to try to make you all privy to it:

Being married, we always look for ways to add romance and love into our relationship. This also means a lot of humor, often unexpected. Jennie likes to joke with me, for example, as if everything I say is meant to be a "romantic line." I'll tell her something that is not at all meant to be romantic, but she'll repeat it, preceded by, "The next romantic line is..."

For example:

Dan: Hey, Jennie, can you go jiggle the handle on the toilet (WC, for our non-American readers)?
Jennie: The next romantic line is... Jennie, can you go jiggle the handle?
And we have a good chuckle. Hmm... I apologize if you don't see the humor. Perhaps you just have to be there when it happens.

No comments: