Thursday, June 26, 2003

Long-distance Update

This email comes from a good friend and brother in Christ, who is spending the next two and a half months in Biloxi, Mississippi, away from his wife and daughter here in Dayton, to get some training. He writes:

Well,

Hope this e-mail finds all well in their respective areas. Just an update on everything down here in Mississippi.

Just got back from class and taking my first block test (there are six total). My score was a 97%. I was extremely happy with the results and was the 3rd highest score in the class. My first quiz in Block II was a 100, the next block however, has a washout (failing and having to re-accomplish) rate of about 40%. My nose will see two colors, black and white.

Weather has been rainy until Monday, then was nice. Humid but nice. I am not use to wearing my blues to school or work for that matter. But tomorrow is BDUs (Battle Dress Uniform) for all the non-military individuals.

This weekend I went to the Bay of Biloxi and prayed for a while, was really quiet and peaceful. Nice to be alone. I am dealing with the stress with exercise and enjoying running 4 days a week. In July, a bunch of us from class are thinking about chartering a boat and doing a little Salt water fishing. Sounds like it will be a ton of fun, so hopefully I will take some pictures and e-mail them out.

Well, time to hit the books, It is 12:25 in the morning and need to get some studying done before I fall asleep.

Take Care all
Steve

No comments: